Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Politically Incorrect Moment . . .

Artist's disclaimer (see how it came first? *nervous glance around*): Marcelo and I were sitting down to watch 'Run Lola Run' the other night . . . and my inner-Loki came out. If I enjoy politically incorrect humor it's against my will (and living with Marcelo for nine years would push almost anyone's tolerance for politically incorrect humor beyond even the most staunchly set boundries). So, my inner-Loki took over my speech facilities and blurted out "Hah! Celao! Run Chola Run!" and we both were incapacitated by laughter for five minutes. And then my inner-Loki collaborated with my inner-Artist and . . .


. . . and here's the result: a parallel universe version of 'Run Lola Run' set in Cochabamba, Bolivia, with a cholita heroine and a thrilling climax in La Cancha. Oh, and a techno-cumbia score to back it up *smile*.

No comments:

Post a Comment